This project has the following objectives to analyze the issues surrounding America’s crumbling mass transportation infrastructure. (Although the terms mass transportation and mass transit are often used, the scope of the project is limited to the subway systems of New York City and Washington, DC.) :
- Articulate and analyze the problems and solutions associated with the deteriorating subway systems of the cities of New York and Washington, D.C.
- Review the literature surrounding both government and business practices in relation to the mass transportation infrastructures of New York and Washington, D.C.
- Identify alternatives for upgrading and strengthening the mass transportation infrastructure of these two major U.S. cities.
- Reach a target audience for the research composed of 1) those using transit in major U.S. cities; 2) federal, state, and local government officials responsible for passing transportation legislation; and 3) scholars interested in research concerning the nation’s mass transportation infrastructure.
- Ensure the research can be found via use of social media (Facebook and Twitter); and the major search engines (Google and Bing).